Sport Investors League
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business

Sport Investors League

  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business
Politics

Rubio breaks silence on leaked Signal chat: ‘Someone made a big mistake’

by admin March 27, 2025
March 27, 2025
Rubio breaks silence on leaked Signal chat: ‘Someone made a big mistake’

Secretary of State Marco Rubio for the first time, on Wednesday addressed the Signal-chat controversy and conceded that ‘someone made a big mistake’ when a journalist from the Atlantic was added to Signal text chain that included Washington’s top national security heads. 

‘This thing was set up for purposes of coordinating,’ Rubio told reporters from Jamaica, noting the point of the text exchange carried out on the encrypted messaging application was purely so officials knew how to communicate with their various counterparts. 

But the revelation that potentially classified information was exchanged on a site that has been the target of Russian hackers, and that the chain included an editor from the Atlantic, sent shockwaves globally – though the Pentagon maintains that no classified intelligence was exchanged in the messages.

‘Obviously, someone made a mistake. Someone made a big mistake and added a journalist,’ Rubio said. ‘Nothing against journalists. But you ain’t supposed to be on that thing.’

‘I contributed to it twice. I identified my point of contact, which is my chief of staff, and then later on, I think three hours after the White House’s official announcements had been made, I congratulated the members of the team,’ he continued. 

Rubio said that though the information was not technically classified nor did it at ‘any point threaten the operation of the lives of our servicemen,’ the information was ‘not intended to be divulged’ and the White House was investigating the matter. 

President Donald Trump has downplayed the severity of the lapse, noting it was ‘the only glitch in two months’ his administration has faced and told NBC News the debacle ‘turned out not to be a serious one.’

National security advisor Mike Waltz, who reportedly set up the text chain and accidentally added the Atlantic editor, told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham that he took ‘full responsibility’ for the ’embarrassing’ mishap.

Similarly, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard on Wednesday told the House Intelligence Committee it was a ‘mistake’ to include a reporter in a text group that included ‘candid and sensitive’ information.

She also maintained that the texts did not include any classified information while testifying in front of senators on Tuesday. 

Debate between the Atlantic’s reporting and the White House erupted after the Trump administration and Pentagon said that no ‘war planning’ information was shared.

Waltz in a Wednesday tweet said, ‘No locations. No sources & methods. NO WAR PLANS. Foreign partners had already been notified that strikes were imminent.’

The Atlantic maintains the texts did include ‘attack plans.’

‘TEAM UPDATE: TIME NOW (1144et): Weather is FAVORABLE. Just CONFIRMED w/CENTCOM we are a GO for mission launch. 1215et: F-18s LAUNCH (1st strike package). 1345: ‘Trigger Based’ F-18 1st Strike Window Starts (Target Terrorist is @ his Known Location so SHOULD BE ON TIME – also, Strike Drones Launch (MQ-9s),’ Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth reportedly wrote in the text exchange released Wednesday by The Atlantic.

‘1410: More F-18s LAUNCH (2nd strike package). 1415: Strike Drones on Target (THIS IS WHEN THE FIRST BOMBS WILL DEFINITELY DROP, pending earlier ‘Trigger Based’ targets). 1536 F-18 2nd Strike Starts – also, first sea-based Tomahawks launched,’ he later added. 

But Rubio, in alignment with other administration officials, pointed to the Pentagon’s assessment on whether its leader released classified information and said, ‘They made very clear that [the texts] didn’t put in danger anyone’s life or the mission at the time. 

‘There was no intelligence information,’ Rubio added. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Inside Mike Johnson’s meeting with judiciary hawks over Trump court standoff
next post
Three Growth Stocks Testing the Ultimate Trend Barometer

Related Posts

Dr. Oz becomes next head of Medicare and...

April 4, 2025

Melania Trump’s abortion views in new memoir spur...

October 4, 2024

Trump-backed spending bill goes down in flames as...

December 20, 2024

Fox News Poll: Trump ahead of Harris by...

October 17, 2024

Trump warns Iran faces ‘violence like people haven’t...

May 15, 2025

In election victory, Trump’s gains went beyond the...

November 12, 2024

Noem takes aim at Tim Walz for letting...

June 11, 2025

US diplomats in Damascus for first time in...

December 20, 2024

DOJ deploys district elections officers to handle ‘threats...

October 21, 2024

Dem insiders head into final election stretch confident...

November 3, 2024

    Get free access to all of the retirement secrets and income strategies from our experts! or Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get the Premium Articles Acess for Free


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent

    • CDC official who blasted Trump’s ‘weak science’ led politicized Biden-era monkeypox response

      August 31, 2025
    • Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to lawmakers, House Dem says

      August 31, 2025
    • Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying about her age on passport documents

      August 31, 2025
    • Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike targeting senior government officials

      August 31, 2025
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to resign following departure of CDC officials

      August 31, 2025

    Categories

    • Business (1,092)
    • Investing (2,943)
    • Politics (3,595)
    • Stocks (1,155)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sportinvestorsleague.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 sportinvestorsleague.com | All Rights Reserved