Sport Investors League
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business

Sport Investors League

  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business
Politics

JD Vance debate prep strategy includes tapping prominent lawmaker to play Walz

by admin September 24, 2024
September 24, 2024
JD Vance debate prep strategy includes tapping prominent lawmaker to play Walz

Republican vice presidential candidate Sen. JD Vance, R-Ohio, has spent the last month reviewing plans, strategics and potential tough questions ahead of the Oct. 1 CBS Vice Presidential Debate against Democrat Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, according to a source familiar with the preparations by former President Trump’s running mate. 

House Majority Whip Rep. Tom Emmer, R-Minn., was selected to play Walz during mock debates to prepare Vance for the Minnesota governor’s ‘folksy’ Midwestern style, the source told Fox News Digital. 

The source revealed that Vance has been doing most of his preparations at his home in Cincinnati or in online sessions with his team. 

Members of Vance’s inner circle – including his wife Usha –  as well as Trump campaign strategist Jason Miller have been involved in prep sessions. The source said those helping Vance are immersing themselves in honing Walz’s debate style by watching videos of his past debates from his previous campaign runs. 

The source also pointed to Vance’s frequent media interviews as helping him prepare for the upcoming debate, set to take place in New York City.

During regular appearances on Sunday shows, Vance has gained experience in engaging in debate often with contentious network hosts and responding to attacks, the source added. 

Meanwhile, Walz’s mock debates will feature U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg acting as JD Vance’s doppelganger, the Associated Press reported, citing people with knowledge of the candidate’s preparations. 

Trump already faced off against President Biden in a June 27 debate hosted by CNN, and Biden’s disastrous performance set into motion his eventual departure from the race and endorsement of Harris. After Trump and Harris took the stage in Philadelphia on Sept. 10 in the second presidential debate of the 2024 election cycle hosted by ABC News, Trump said on TRUTH Social there would be ‘no third debate.’ 

Meanwhile, Harris said in an X post over the weekend she would accept the terms of a debate on Oct. 23 hosted by CNN. During his campaign rally in Wilmington, North Carolina, on Saturday, Trump said Harris has done one debate, while, ‘I’ve done two. It’s too late to do another. I’d love to, in many ways, but it’s too late. The voting is cast.’

Fox News’ Caroline Elliott and the Associated Press contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Saga Metals
next post
New poll indicates whether Harris or Trump is making gains with younger voters

Related Posts

Electoral College changes could put Trump back in...

May 10, 2024

How USAID went woke and destroyed itself

February 7, 2025

Sandra Lee shares breaking point in split from...

August 7, 2024

US voters agree Biden made correct decision by...

July 26, 2024

Satellite images reveal North Korea’s mangled naval destroyer...

May 24, 2025

Sen Cotton warns Iran to seek peace, lists...

June 23, 2025

Trump backs stock trading ban so lawmakers like...

August 1, 2025

CIA director blasts Democrat’s ‘offensive line of questioning’...

March 27, 2025

Biden fails to remember when son Beau died...

May 17, 2025

Alleged Chinese scheme to influence 2020 election for...

June 18, 2025

    Get free access to all of the retirement secrets and income strategies from our experts! or Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get the Premium Articles Acess for Free


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent

    • Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

      February 16, 2026
    • Waltz calls UN a ‘cesspool for antisemitism’ as Trump administration pushes major reforms

      February 16, 2026
    • Trump announces $5 billion pledge in Gaza aid from Board of Peace members

      February 16, 2026
    • The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

      February 16, 2026
    • Doctors Without Borders reduces operations at Gaza hospital over security concerns

      February 16, 2026

    Categories

    • Business (1,156)
    • Investing (4,072)
    • Politics (4,992)
    • Stocks (1,155)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sportinvestorsleague.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 sportinvestorsleague.com | All Rights Reserved