Sport Investors League
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business

Sport Investors League

  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business
Politics

Hezbollah launches 30 rockets into Israel, no casualties reported: IDF

by admin August 12, 2024
August 12, 2024
Hezbollah launches 30 rockets into Israel, no casualties reported: IDF

Hezbollah launched 30 rockets from Lebanon into northern Israel early Monday, though no casualties were reported, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed. 

‘Following sirens that sounded a short while ago in northern Israel, approximately 30 projectiles were identified crossing from Lebanon toward the area of Kabri, a number of which fell in open areas,’ an IDF spokesman said. ‘No injuries were reported.’ 

The barrage came amid anticipation of retaliatory strikes by Iran and its proxy forces in the region against Israel for the assassination of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran late last month. 

Fighting between Hezbollah militants in Lebanon and Israeli forces in the north has intensified in recent weeks, sparking fears that the month-long conflict in Gaza will spread. 

Hezbollah, late last month confirmed the death of Faud Shukr, its ‘No. 2’ commander who was involved in the 1983 Beirut bombings of a Marine barracks bombing that killed 241 U.S. military personnel. 

The IDF strike served as a response to an attack that killed a dozen youths in Israel’s Golan Heights, but Hezbollah continues to deny any involvement in that attack, while the IDF identified Shukr as the mastermind behind the attack. 

Meanwhile, U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has ordered a guided missile submarine to the Middle East and is telling the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier strike group to sail more quickly to the area, the Defense Department said Sunday. 

The U.S. and other allies are pushing for Israel and Hamas to achieve a cease-fire agreement that could help calm soaring tensions in the region following the assassination of Haniyeh and Shukr. 

Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder, Pentagon press secretary, said in a statement that Austin spoke with Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant earlier in the day, and reiterated America’s commitment ‘to take every possible step to defend Israel and noted the strengthening of U.S. military force posture and capabilities throughout the Middle East in light of escalating regional tensions.’

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Trump legal cases in limbo after SCOTUS immunity ruling, freeing up schedule to campaign
next post
Hamas refuses to attend Gaza cease-fire talks as Biden says it’s ‘still possible’ to reach deal

Related Posts

Dems threatening government shutdown over Elon Musk hate,...

March 11, 2025

The Electoral College is key to keeping our...

November 6, 2024

Michelle Obama facing backlash over claim about women’s...

June 1, 2025

Trump names Herschel Walker, Nicole McGraw to ambassador...

December 18, 2024

RFK Jr says Trump move is something no...

October 28, 2024

Biden White House rejects ICC sanctions proposed by...

May 29, 2024

Dem Party blame game: Accusations fly as to...

November 11, 2024

‘Greater reckoning’: Obama’s spot in the Democratic sun...

December 27, 2024

Russian official cites Islamic ‘sleeper cells’ as death...

June 26, 2024

Hawley opens probe into Meta after reports of...

August 16, 2025

    Get free access to all of the retirement secrets and income strategies from our experts! or Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get the Premium Articles Acess for Free


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent

    • Rubio announces designation for Nicaraguan prison official tied to alleged human rights violations

      February 19, 2026
    • Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as Gaza rebuild hinges on Hamas disarmament

      February 19, 2026
    • Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of Freedom for Carson and praises Nicki Minaj

      February 19, 2026
    • Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson over Cuba’s future: report

      February 19, 2026
    • Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at ‘sold-out’ Black History Month event

      February 19, 2026

    Categories

    • Business (1,158)
    • Investing (4,098)
    • Politics (5,022)
    • Stocks (1,155)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sportinvestorsleague.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 sportinvestorsleague.com | All Rights Reserved