Sport Investors League
  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business

Sport Investors League

  • Politics
  • Stocks
  • Investing
  • Business
Business

T-Mobile to acquire most of U.S. Cellular in $4.4 billion deal

by admin May 30, 2024
May 30, 2024
T-Mobile to acquire most of U.S. Cellular in $4.4 billion deal

Shares of U.S. Cellular popped nearly 6% Tuesday after T-Mobile announced that it plans to acquire most of the company, including the wireless operator’s stores, some of its spectrum assets and its customers in a deal worth $4.4 billion.

The deal includes cash and up to $2 billion of debt, according to a press release from T-Mobile. Up to $100 million of the deal’s cash portion depends on certain financial and operating metrics being met between its signing and closing, according to a separate press release from U.S. Cellular.

Shares of T-Mobile were up more than 1% during Tuesday’s session.

T-Mobile will acquire about 30% of U.S. Cellular’s wireless spectrum as part of the deal, according to the U.S. Cellular release. It plans to use that to improve coverage in rural areas while offering better connectivity to U.S. Cellular customers around the United States, the two companies announced. The company said it will allow U.S. Cellular customers to keep their current plans or switch to a T-Mobile plan.

Both companies said that U.S. Cellular will retain 70% of its wireless spectrum and towers and will lease space on at least 2,100 additional towers to T-Mobile. The deal will also allow T-Mobile to sign new long-term leases on at least 2,015 U.S. Cellular-owned towers and extend existing leases on about 600 others, U.S. Cellular said in its release.

This will give U.S. Cellular customers a “strong anchor tenant” for at least 15 years after the deal’s close, the company said.

The news follows T-Mobile’s $1.35 billion acquisition of Ka’ena, the parent company of Mint Mobile. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission approved that deal in April. T-Mobile merged with Sprint in 2020 in a deal worth $26 billion.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in May that T-Mobile and Verizon were in talks to “carve up” U.S. Cellular’s wireless spectrum but said a deal with Verizon on a separate transaction could take longer or fall through.

The companies expect the deal to close in mid-2025.

This post appeared first on NBC NEWS

0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Why everyone is suddenly talking about Nvidia, the nearly $3 trillion-dollar company fueling the AI revolution
next post
American Eagle profit soars, but sales grow slower than expected

Related Posts

Sports executive charged with bid-rigging in Texas arena...

July 11, 2025

Walmart hikes its outlook again as shoppers spend...

November 21, 2024

Starbucks will stop charging extra for nondairy milk

November 1, 2024

How the New York Mets can justify paying...

December 12, 2024

NFL hit with $4.8 billion in damages over...

June 29, 2024

Nordstrom to go private in $6.25 billion deal...

December 25, 2024

Apple reveals complex system of App Store fees...

June 30, 2025

Lululemon shares drop 15% as CEO says inflation,...

March 29, 2025

Target CEO to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton...

April 18, 2025

Inside the $1 billion berry startup backed by...

April 24, 2025

    Get free access to all of the retirement secrets and income strategies from our experts! or Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get the Premium Articles Acess for Free


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent

    • Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after ex-Biden spox rarely mentioned it from White House

      February 18, 2026
    • Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump calls for full dismantlement

      February 18, 2026
    • Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly trying to take Kalashnikov rifle stocks: report

      February 18, 2026
    • House GOP’s razor-thin majority threatens to grind Trump’s Capitol Hill agenda to halt

      February 18, 2026
    • Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while fighting Trump demotion threat

      February 18, 2026

    Categories

    • Business (1,156)
    • Investing (4,088)
    • Politics (5,012)
    • Stocks (1,155)
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: sportinvestorsleague.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 sportinvestorsleague.com | All Rights Reserved